- The Spectacular
- Bad Dad
- Breakfast Burrito Club
- She's So European
- Hugging the Now
- Sydney, Australia
- The Stan Wood Account
- Sixteen Inch Softball
- Models Love Magic
- The Intern
- The Face of a Winner
- Simon Roberts Was Here
- Dead and Improved
- Zach Mitzvah
- Heavy Meddling
- March Madness
- Danny Chase Hates Brad Paisley
- Love Sucks
- The Monster
- The Lighthouse
GELLAR AND AMANDA SETTON KISS
Gellar kissed CRAZY ONES co-star Amanda Setton in Episode 12 of the show. The kiss was cut from the episode, but made it into the outtakes at the end.
Robin Williams - Simon Roberts
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Sydney Roberts
James Wolk - Zach Cropper
Hamish Linklater - Andrew Keanelly
Amanda Setton - Lauren Slotsky
Brad Garrett - Gordon Lewis
22 episodes of THE CRAZY ONES aired on CBS
from 26 September 2013 to 17 April 2014.
Created by David E. Kelley.
- AWARDS and NOMINATIONS: Sarah Michelle Gellar won the 2014 Peoples Choice Award for Favourite Actress in a new TV Series
for her role as Sydney Roberts. It was her first People's Choice award. Robin Williams was nominated for a
Award for his role as Simon Roberts
- Ulysses Samuel "Ukee" Washington plays a television reporter who interviews Gordon Lewis (Brad Garrett) about a story in episode 21 of The Crazy Ones. Washington is co-anchor for the weekday morning newscast on KYW-TV in Philadelphia. Also in Episode #21, Melody Thomas Scott plays an alcoholic librarian. According to Michael Logan of TV Guide, the TCO team saw her 2007 episode of MY NAME IS EARL (Season 2 Episode 17 in which she played asimilar character) and were inspired by it. Scott's first role was as young Marnie in the 1964 Alfred Hitchcock film. MY NAME IS EARL can be streamed on Netflix (US). MARNIE is available on Amazon Instant Video
- Marilu Henner is Paige, Sydney's mom in the finale of TCO. Natalie Abrans of TV Guide describes Paige as "self-absorbed". Paige does not live in Chicago. Henner was Elaine on the TV series TAXI from 1978-83. Her most recent television appearance was in three episodes of BROOKLYN NINE NINE on FOX.
- In LOVE SUCKS, (Episode #20) Pam Dawber is Lily, an author of travel memoirs who "catches Simon's eye". Last September, Gellar told the LONDON DAILY EXPRESS: "You know, I pitched Pam Dawber to play my mum on the show [to producers]...They said I was not the first person who brought it up." Dawber has not appeared on television since starring in the 1999 film DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU with Patrick Duffy. For anyone who doesn't know this, Dawber was the Mindy in MORK AND MINDY.
- Comic Helen Hong was Jenny in THE CRAZY ONES episodes Outbreak, and Simon Roberts was Here. Hong is Janet Fung in the Oscar nominated film INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS. Also in Simion Roberts Was Here is Eric Zuckerman, who is Elliot in THAT THING WITH THE CAT, which stars TCO's Amanda Setton.
- Missi Pyle, the woman who kissed Angie Harmon in episode #6 of RIZZOLI & ISLES (I Kissed a Girl) was Melora, daughter of a deceased jingle writer in episode #15 of THE CRAZY ONES (Dead and Improved).
- In Episode 11 of THE CRAZY ONES, Ashley Tisdale's roommate was played by Brenda Koo, who will be Cindy in the film WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, which is based on the 1999 novel by Laura Kasischke. The film will star Shailene Woodley as Kat Connors. It will be released in the US on 25 September.
- Cheryl Hines, who played Robin Williams' wife in the 2006 film RV, plays a character named Buffy in episode 16 of THE CRAZY ONES. This Buffy is a Jewish mother seeking the "best bar mitzvah ever" for her son. Hines also played a character named Buffy in the TV series BROTHERS AND SISTERS in 2010.
- Ashley Tisdale was Kelsi Lasker in episode 11 of TCO. Kelsi portrayed an intern at the ad agency who was also the daughter of one of the firm's largest clients. Tisdale, who recently appeared as Emma Jean in two episodes of SONS OF ANARCHY, will voice a character in the animated feature THE GREAT MIGRATION (which started filming 1 November) in which three wild salmon encounter a mutant predator on their great migration.
- Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima, appeared as herself in Episode 10 of TCO, Models Love Magic which aired 5 December. Lima has appeared as herself on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (episode #54), and UGLY BETTY (episode #47). She was Mickey Rourke's wife in the 2001 short film THE FOLLOW by Shanghai director Wong Kar Wai.
- Saffron Burrows, who was Helena in TCO Episode 5, is Victoria Hard in four episodes of the Whedon-created AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Josh Groban appeared in episode 7 as Danny Chase, a friend from Sydney's past who returns to do Sydney a favour. Groban's most recent TV appearance as someone not himself was on THE OFFICE, where he played Walter Bernard, Jr.
- Ed Asner was Glen 'Mr. Finger' Hastings in episode 8 of THE CRAZY ONES, titled The Stan Wood Account. Hastings is a commercial actor, whom Sydney finds charming. Brad Garrett, who won a bunch of Emmys for his role in EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, made his first appearance as Lewis, a partner in the advertising firm Lewis, Roberts, and Roberts, in the same episode.
- Gabriella Fresquez, who hosts LATV's nationally syndicated Latin Nation, DocTalk on the Documentary Channel, and Inspira, a web series that highlights the lives of inspiring Latino leaders, appears in Episode 2 of THE CRAZY ONES as Channel 4 newswoman Christy Moon. There currently is no channel 4 in Chicago, but the city's first TV station was WBKB, which aired on channel 4 from 1940 to 1953.
- Among Simon's office memorabilia on TCO is a photo of a very young Sydney (Sarah Michelle Gellar).
- Jessie Carter made her first television appearance as an unnamed receptionist in THE CRAZY ONES pilot. Carter has been a San Diego Charger girl and also a member of the LA Clippers Spirit Dance Team. She is Michelle Britton in the webseries MOVIE STAR IDOL.
- In Episode Three of TCO, titled "Bad Dad", Jen Lilly is Claire. Lilly is primarily known for playing Maxie Jones on General Hospital and Theresa Donovan on Days of Our Lives
- Amanda Setton, Lauren Slotsky on TCO, will be Aazeen in the film BLACK DOG, RED DOG which is based on a book by poet Stephen Dobyns. She is best known for her role as Penelope Shafari on GOSSIP GIRL.
- David E. Kelly, the creator of ALLY McBEAL, THE PRACTICE, and BOSTON LEGAL,wrote the script for the pilot. He co-produces the show with Bill D'Elia, Jason Winer, Dean Lorey, John Montgomery and Mark Teitelbaum. The pilot was directed by Jason Winer, who also directed the pilot for MODERN FAMILY in 2009. Jason Winer was Preston in Home, episode #89 of ANGEL.
- Robin Williams, Sydney's father Simon on TCO, tweeted the above photos on 11 April the last day of filming for the pilot. Guest star Kelly Clarkson, who has a singing part in the episode, is shown in the photo on the left, James Wolk and Amanda Setton in the one on the right.
- According to the Huffington Post, Sarah Michelle Gellar wanted Flo (Stephanie Courtney) from the Progressive Insurance commercials to guest star on THE CRAZY ONES. "I'm going to have a scene with her because I am obsessed with Flo," Gellar said. "She's hysterical." Courtney made a brief appearance on ANGEL, but has never had a scene with Gellar.